I learnt this recipe at a Alkalising and Detox cooking course hosted by Sarah Matthews I attended with some of the chickies from Vault. It’s a great snack with an episode of Game of Thrones or a movie, and will satisfy all those cravings for salty chips or popcorn – it’s super easy, and it’s great for you! Sarah uses a garlic salt from Gewurshaus, but I’ve adapted it as not everyone can buy good quality garlic salt (and theirs has some rice flour in it, so not technically 100% paleo).
- 1 bunch of kale – any variety will do, but we typically use green kale
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, diced finely, or put through a garlic press
- 1 tsp Chilli flakes (if you like, I tend not to use them as Dan isn’t a chilli fan)
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees
- Place the diced garlic onto a baking tray lined with alfoil. Cook until the garlic starts to brown – about 2 -3 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool
- Cut the kale into bite size pieces and remove the stalks (if you can be bothered). They do taste more like chips rather than “leaves” if you remove the stalks, so I recommend taking the time
- In a large bowl add the kale, olive oil, garlic chips, parsley flakes, celtic sea salt and chilli flakes (if using). Feel free to add other spices here if you so desire
- Mix well don’t worry if the kale starts to soften, you want the leaves to be entirely coated with oil
- Place the kale onto the baking tray and cook until crisp, but not burnt – takes about 5 – 10 minutes depending on your oven, keep an eye on them!
- Remove from the oven, let sit for 1 minute and serve