I haven’t been baking as much recently as we have been ordering Natural Wholefoods paleo zone meals, however today was a perfect baking day, so I thought I would try my own adaptation of the many amazing paleo banana bread recipes out there.
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoon walnut oil
- 4 large meedjool dates, stones removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tbsp raw organic honey
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Pulse cashews in the mixmaster until a fine powder forms. Add walnut oil and pulse until smooth.
- Add banana and dates and blitz until well combined (doesn’t matter if there are a few chunks of dates)
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and then add banana mixture and all other ingredients. Combine
- Line a small baking dish with baking paper and pour mixture in, spreading evenly
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until golden
- Remove and let rest for 10 – 15 minutes
- Cut and serve with almond or coconut butter. YUM!