Paleo – makes 5 wraps
Mandy sent me this recipe, from paleoplan.com, however making them today, I ran out of tapioca flour, so decided to change up the measurements a little. They still worked out really well, and rolled like real wraps. I’m going to try and make burritos with them next time. Yummmo – great recipe Mandy.
- 250g pumpkin, steamed for about 10 minutes (nice and mooshy)
- 1 and a bit (like I said I ran out, so just tipped what was left – the recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, extra for cooking
- Celtic sea salt
- Baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, paleo pesto and lamb back strap to serve
- Once steamed, mash the pumpkin and let cool for about 20 minutes
- Mix in flour, eggs, coconut oil and a little salt, whisk together until a fine batter forms
- Heat a little coconut oil in a large pan, reduce to medium heat and pour 1/2 cup of pumpkin into the pan, instantly spreading across the pan to form a thin layer. The thinner the better
- Cook for 2 minutes either side – you don’t want them to crisp up too much as it makes the wraps hard to roll, but enough that they are cooked. You be the judge
- Set aside to cool and pat an excess coconut oil off with a paper towel
- Cut the lamb backstrap into fine slices and quickly cook in the frypan. Place spinach, tomato, basil pesto and warm lamb in the centre of the wrap, wrap and enjoy! My wraps were still slightly warm when I ate this, it was devine! Great for breakfast wraps (with bacon and eggs) or lunch wraps (Mandy suggested chicken, rocket and pesto).