Serves: 1-2 people
Preparation time: 10-15mins
Ditch the bun and start creating your own masterpieces! This is fast becoming one of my favourite meals and here is the recipe I use to make it. They are so good because they taste amazing and are very fast to prepare and cook. Perfect for those that have limited hours in the day!
They take about 10-15 minutes to prepare from start to finish and taste amazing!! This is how I do it but you can take out or add any ingredients you desire to build the “naked burger” to your liking!
When first preparing these I make up a bunch of beef patties in one hit then freeze what I don’t use so that they are pre-prepared for future meals.
Beef Patties (makes multiple patties – size as desired)
- 1kg Ground beef
- 2 Large free range eggs
- 2 Cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 Tablespoon of mixed herbs
Burger (per burger)
- 1 Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 2 Free Range Eggs
- 2 Rashes of bacon
- 1 Tomato (sliced)
- 1 Brown Onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Mix together the ground beef, two of the eggs, crushed garlic, mixed herbs and salt and pepper (as desired) in a bowl.
- Shape the mix into a patties. Freeze leftovers for future burgers.
- Cook desired amount of patties to your liking. I prefer med-well done but its up to you.
- Melt coconut oil into a pan, remove from the heat and coat spinach leaves with the coconut oil. (Make sure its not hot)
- Cut onion into ring and caramelise the onions in a pan.
- Slice tomato and lightly cook each side of sliced pieces.
- Cook the bacon rashers and fry the eggs to your preference (mine are made with a runny yolk)
I then stack the ingredients as follows:
- spinach leaves
- 1/2 the onion
- beef patty
- top with the other 1/2 onion
I usually top it with home made aioli and serve it with a teaspoon of mustard on the side. You could add to this with pineapple, beetroot, avocado or any other healthy ingredients you desire.
You can also serve it with sweet potato fries but understand this will make cooking and preparing time much longer.
This truly is an amazing meal that is fast, simple and easy to cook and perfect for anyone that is starting Paleo or looking to have a healthy alternative to a take out meal. Give it a try!!