Serves – 1 person
Preparation Time – 25:00
I have had a few requests to post the recipe for these as I consume these regularly for breakfast. I make these nearly everyday during the week because they taste amazing and they are so simply to make. I cook these at work using a bench top convection oven and in this blog this is what I have used. If you don’t have one I highly recommend getting one as they make cooking a breeze when you are at work and is a much healthier way to reheat your food over a microwave. I am not a big fan of microwave ovens and I find that the convection oven is a much better alternative. They are great for cooking and reheating food and are relatively cheap to buy ($90 from the good guys). This is not to say you have to use one to make the breakfast pizza but it does make it much easier.
- 1 Medium sized sweet potato
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Rashers of bacon
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Table spoon of coconut oil
- Slice the sweet potato into round chips or anyway you like as long as they are relatively thin.
- Line a round tray with alumium foil and place the sweet potato on the tray with the coconut oil.
- Cook for 10 mins at 180 degrees.
- Then place the bacon on top and cook for a further 10 mins at 180 degrees.
- Fold the edges over so that makes a round base bringing the contents into the middle.
- Then add the 3 eggs.
- Cook for a further 4-6 minutes at 180 degrees. The time here will depend on how you like your eggs. If your unsure set the timer at 3 minutes and check regularly to get desired result.
- Undo the foil and serve on a plate.
- Once served on a plate add the sliced avocado on top and serve.
This is a basic version but you could add just about any ingredient you like. Things I have added:
- Bell Peppers
- Used potato instead of sweet potato (not paleo)
Sunbean Convectional Oven
This is the oven used.