This soup is packed full of goodness and is one of my all time favourite soups. Cauliflower and Leeks are both an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese and B vitamins and together offer a long list of health benefits. This soup is also great for detoxing and is the perfect soup for those cold wet nights. It’s thick, creamy, tastes amazing and so simple and easy to make. There are lots of recipes out there but after a few modifications I have found this one to be the best tasting. By adding chicken broth and coconut milk it makes this soup just that little more healthier and nutrient rich. So here is how I do it:
Total time: 40 mins
- 2 Leeks thinly sliced (remove the green)
- 1/2 Cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 Brown Onion (diced)
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- Sea salt and pepper for seasoning (as desired)
- In a large soup pan add chicken broth, coconut milk, leeks, garlic and cauliflower.
- Bring to boil and then let simmer for 25-30 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- With a food processor or blender purée soup until smooth.
- Season with additional sea salt pepper, if desired.