Recipe thanks to Mandy Drew
Preparation Time – 15 mins
This is a nice healthy slice and good snack to have during the day or at night. The pecans can be replaced with any type of nut, the coconut nectar can be replaced with coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey, and other the almond nut butter can be replaced by other nut butters such as cashew. If you’re following paleo don’t use peanut butter.
- 1 cup of raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of raw pecans
- 4 – 8 Tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut nectar
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 4-8 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2- 3 tablespoons of coconut nectar
- Shredded coconut
1. Grind up 1 cup of sunflower seeds and the cup of pecans in a food processor or coffee grinder and pour into a bowl.
2. Add coconut oil, coconut flour, nectar, almond butter, vanilla flavouring, ½ cup sunflower seeds and mix all together.
3. Pour into a square casserole dish and press mixture down firmly.
4. In a small saucepan melt 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix in cacao and nectar until thickened.
5. Pour chocolate sauce on top and sprinkle with shredded coconut.
6. Refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours and then cut into squares.