Sweet potato breakfast cups are a simple breakfast treat that taste amazing. Everyone will love these and they are a great option if you are time poor. Just make up a big batch and they will last a couple of days depending on how many people try them 🙂 They taste just as good hot or cold and because they are small there is no cutlery needed which is great for those on the run. Here is how you can make them:
Serve – 12 cups
Cooking Time – 40 mins
- 1 Large sweet potato (grated)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or use coconut oil spray
- 9 Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups of chopped up spinach leaves
- 2 cups of diced bacon
- 1 cup of diced onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
2) In a food processor slice the sweet potato into thin grated pieces. It should look like this. You could use a grater to get the same result if you don’t have a food processor.
3) Then coat a large muffin tray with the coconut oil and then place the grated sweet potato into the tray moulds forming cups out of the sweet potato. Place them in the oven and cook for 15mins at 180 degree’s.
4) In a bowl mix the eggs, spinach and onion together and then add salt and pepper to taste. Once mixed together then pour the mixture evenly into the cups. I then put the bacon pieces on top (not shown here). Do not mix the bacon into the egg mixture.
5) I then place them back in the oven and cook for a further 15mins. Once done remove them from the oven.
6) Let them cool for about 2-3mins and serve. (Please note that the bacon pieces have been cooked after and added on top. Minor error simple fix :))