Cooking Time: 25-30mins
This dish usually makes it’s way onto my dinner table about once every two weeks. Its pack full of goodness and there is something about the avocado that makes this dish really enjoyable. It does take a little longer to cook than most of the meals I eat during the week which is the only reason why I don’t have it more regularly. Here’s how I make it:
- 2 Free Range Chicken Thighs (or breast fillet) – diced
- 1 Avocado – mashed
- 1 Cup mushrooms – diced
- 1 Can of coconut cream
- 1 Brown onions – diced
- 2 Cups of baby spinach
- 1 Cup of raw cashew nuts
- 2 Cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 Teaspoon of ginger – grated
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- In a wok or similar pan add the coconut oil and heat to a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and onion and cook until the chicken is about half cooked.
- Then added in the coconut cream, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, curry powder and simmer for about 10 mins.
- Then add the avocado and thoroughly stir it through.
- Add salt and pepper to season to your liking. If you like your curry spicy then you may want to add extra spice. Let it simmer for another 5 mins.
- Add in the spinach and cashew nuts and stir through then allow to simmer for a couple more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.