BBQ season is upon us so I have decided to post an amazing chicken kabob recipe for a heathy alternative on the BBQ. Here is a marinated chicken kabob recipe that is sure to be a hit amongst family and friends this summer!
Cooking Time: 20mins (not including marinade)
- 500g Chicken thigh fillets or breast fillet (Cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 Red bell pepper (1 inch pieces)
- 1 Green bell pepper(1 inch pieces)
- 1 Yellow Bell pepper (1 inch pieces)
- 1 Red onion (1 inch pieces)
- 250g Whole white mushrooms
- 10-12 Wooden BBQ skewers (soak in water for 30 minutes)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the coconut aminos, honey, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil, grated ginger and garlic powder together in a small bowl and place into a large zip lock bag.
- Put the diced chicken pieces into the zip lock bag. Make sure to toss around so as to evenly coat the pieces and then leave to marinate in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the grill/ BBQ to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the vip lock bag and together with the bell peppers, mushrooms and onion begin to dress the skewers in any way you choose but making sure the chicken is distributed evenly throughout the skewer/kabob.
- Place the skewers/kabobs onto the grill cooking all sides evenly. This should take about 10-12mins or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the grill and serve.