This simple and easy to way make and a healthier of pumpkin puree rather than using the canned pumpkin puree, used in lots of american recipes, which is also hard to find in australia. This is how I puree a large variety of vegetables not just pumpkin.
1. Cube a whole pumpkin into large pieces.
2. Remove the pips and soft centre.
3. Place pumpkin pieces in a a steamer.
4. Boil for about 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
5. Remove the skin.
6. Blend the steamed pumpkin in a blender until it is a smooth puree.
7. You can freeze for months or store in a refrigerator a couple of days prior to use.