Pimp up your next chicken and vegetable meal with this Hummus Chicken recipe. The hummus makes for a great sauce on the chicken and it is so simple and easy to prepare.
- 3 skinless chicken breasts or 4 thigh fillets
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, 2” chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Generous drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 230°C/450°F.
- Prepare one large baking dish and lightly coat with olive oil.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cover each chicken breast with 1 TB of hummus each. Then place on top of the vegetables.
- Place all vegetables on the bottom of a 9×13 dish in an even layer.
- Lay the chicken evenly on top. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables.
- Lightly season the entire dish with chopped rosemary and paprika. Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place a few thin slices in the dish.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top, then bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender serve immediately.