This simple but delicious pork chop recipe is an absolute winner!
Serving – 2
Time – 20mins
- 2 pork chops (all-natural or organic, 1” thick)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Pink Himalayan Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 1 Sweet potato
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 Bunch of Asparagusus
- Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F. Then, pre-heat an oven-safe sauté pan to med to med-high on the stove. Rinse and pat dry both pork chops. Season both sides of chop with salt and pepper. Smash your garlic cloves with the side of your knife and cut your lemon in half.
- Once your sauté pan is heated, add the olive oil. Once oil is heated (in a couple of seconds), place the 2 garlic cloves in the pan carefully separated by a few inches).
- Place each pork chop on top of a garlic clove. Allow to sear for 2-3 minutes. Flip chops and sear for an additional 2-3 minutes. (You’re looking for a nice crust on each side). Squeeze ½ lemon over the chops.
- Place the pan in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 63°C/145°F. Let rest for 3 minutes and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Fries
- Peel and cut sweet potato into chip size pieces.
- Then while the pork hops are cooking in the oven in a large frying pan heat the two table spoons of olive oil on a med-high heat.
- Place the fries in the pan and cook until light brown on the under side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat for the other side.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Salt to desired liking.
- Steam in a steamer for 5-10mins or to desired liking.