Ideal breakfast meal idea for those on the run or in a hurry.
Serves: 6 Servings, serving size = 2 muffins (makes 12 muffins.)
(Inspired by NomNomPaleo.com)
- 4 TB coconut oil
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 200g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 200g spinach
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 TB coconut flour
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g of Prosciutto di Parma
- Himalayan Pink Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- 12 cup muffin tin
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet and sauté onion until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook until the mushroom moisture evaporates. Season with salt and pepper and spoon to a plate to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with coconut milk, coconut flour, salt, and pepper until combined. I used a nutri-bullet or blender for this.
- Brush the remainder of melted coconut oil onto a muffin tin and line each cup with prosciutto, covering the bottom and sides.
- Add the sautéed the mushrooms and spinach evenly to each cup.
- Spoon the egg mixture into the prosciutto cups and top with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes- rotating the tray at the halfway point.
- Let muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!