Try this delicious Sautéed Prawn recipe that is quick and easy to prepare.
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- 2 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup clam juice (Fish stock can be used)
- 2 Tbs. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 14 Raw prawns (about 500grams), shelled & deveined with tail on.
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper or cayenne pepper to taste
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add olive oil, spring onions, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook until spring onions are wilted and darkened, and until the garlic is tender and slightly golden-brown (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add tomatoes and cook (continually stirring) until the tomatoes are softened (about 2 minutes).
- Add the clam juice and lemon juice, and bring to a light simmer (continually stirring gently.
- Season prawns with salt & pepper and add to the pan.
- Cook on 1 side until the prawns begin to turn opaque and slightly curl (2 to 3 min.) Then, flip the prawns and cook until they begin to turn pink on the other side (1 to 2 more min.)
***Prawns cook very fast, so a good rule of thumb is to remove the pan from the heat as they are almost finished cooking. Once you remove the pan from the heat, continue tossing and the heat of the pan will continue to cook them until they’re done.