These chicken and pineapple kebabs will be a hit at the dinner table. They are marinated with a flavoursome mix of spices that will leave your taste buds wanting more. They are great for either a meal or ready made snack.
Servings: 4 (1 serving = 2.5 skewers)
Cooking Time: 10-15mins
Marinate: 30mins min.
- 3 Tbs. of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 500g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper, (take out seeds and cut to 1” squares)
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple cut into 1” squares
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 8 Bamboo Skewers (soaked in water for 30 min)
- Put the olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, and cinnamon into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the chicken to the mixture and let them marinade for 30 minutes at room temperature or in the refrigerator (covered) overnight.
- Skewer the chicken, pineapple, peppers, and onions onto the Bamboo skewers.
- Brush any leftover marinade onto the pineapple, peppers and onion.
- Season skewers with salt and pepper to taste.
- Over a med to med-high heat, grill the skewers for 10-12 minutes, turning about 5-6 minutes through.
Photo credit: Lyndon Dalton