These are a tasty little Paleo friendly after dinner treat I keep in the freezer. Packed full of nutrition its hard to believe these are actually good for you. They are perfect for when I get a craving for deserts or sweets. Having one or two of these quickly takes the cravings away. They taste amazing and are sure to be a hit with the family!
Prep time – 5 mins
Cooking/Setting time – 10 mins
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or coconut butter
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup of cocoa nibs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons almond Butter (filling)
- Melt the coconut oil/butter slowly over low heat in a bowl over simmering water
- Mix the raw cacao powder, honey and vanilla with the melted coconut oil until ingredients are combined and smooth
- Spoon fill ten paper baking cups/ muffin cups or silicone cups with 1 teaspoon of chocolate and a sprinkle of cocoa nibs, then freeze until chocolate mixture is firm
then evenly distribute the rest of the mix by pouring it into each cup
- Return to the freezer until chocolate sets
- Remove each one from the moulds.
- Using two of the cocoa bites and place a dollop of Almond butter on one side of one and sandwich between the other to get the Almond butter filled chocolate bites.
- Note: You can store the chocolate bites in the freezer but only add the almond butter when you are going to consume them. Do not freeze with the almond butter in the middle.