Hash browns are one of my favourite side dishes of all time. They are great to have for breakfast but since making these cauliflower hash browns I have found myself adding them as a side dish to a variety of meals. These hash browns are surprisingly tasty and quick and easy to make.
Serves – Makes 4-6 hash browns
Cooking Time – 10 mins
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- You can either grate the cauliflower head or use a food processor to shred it but make sure the setting is not to fine.
- Combine the shredded cauliflower with the diced onion and the eggs and mix well
- Add salt, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and stir into the mix.
- Heat 1 tsp. coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the cauliflower mixture to the pan in hash brown sized clumps. You made to do this in separate stages depending on the size of the pan.
- Gently press down with a spatula to flatten the mixture into the same of the hash brown. Be careful not to press to hard and keep the hash brown together as much as possible.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on this side.
- Carefully flip over and cook an additional 3-4 minutes to let the edges brown and the cauliflower and onion cook or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the pan and serve.