This vegetable soup is ideal for those cold nights like tonight. It is pack full of nutrients, tastes amazing and will be a hit with family and friends. It is a great dish for vegetarians or it can be used as a side dish to a protein serve.
Cooking Time: 35mins
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 med turnip
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (400g)
- 4 cups of kale (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat up a large soup pot and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add in all ingredients apart from kale.
- Stir all ingredients and bring to boil.
- Turn the heat down and let simmer, uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Add in kale and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.