Super tender and delicious calamari rings. These calamari rings are a little spicy but taste amazing and take very little time to prepare after they have been soaked overnight in milk. Calamari is one of my favourite seafoods but I had given up on trying to cook it because it was always rubbery. That was until I found out that the secret to tender calamari is soaking it in full cream milk overnight. I will now be a cooking it more frequently thanks to this recipe. Serve it with your favourite salad and you won’t be disappointed.
Cooking time: 5mins (once soaked overnight)
- 500 gm calamari rings
- 1-2 tbs red chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 500ml full cream milk
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Soak the calamari rings in full cream milk overnight. This allows the calamari to be cooked so its tender and not rubbery
- Once soaked overnight drain the calamari and then discard the milk.
- Then heat the oil in a wok or large pot.
- Add the calamari, toss a little and then add the chillies, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Toss for a couple more minutes.
- Serve straight away.